In the Caux area, within the département of Seine-Maritime, not far from the Normandy coast, our adventure, the Caux Rétro, began in 1995; it was something new that had not previously existed in the area – we thought that our heritage of old cars needed to be recognized.
The Caux Rétro takes place every year, the first weekend of July, for the benefit of participants as well as the public. Hats off to all those of you who maintain, drive and present to the public these marvellous vehicles.
Every year we are delighted to welcome many participants; of course the French are always faithful participants, as also are our British, Czech, Slovak and Belgian friends who, from early-January, submit their entry forms. Equally, more and more motorcycle, commercial vehicle and tractor enthusiasts come each year. The spirit of the event is that there is no competiveness or official ranking and that friendliness and conviviality prevails.
Our great pleasure is to welcome as many vehicles as possible – whether French or from other countries – that have not before been presented to the public; the diversity and rarity of the vehicles that we welcome is important for the visitors who come and look with wonder at these vehicles. But, above all, that which we look for at Allouville-Bellefosse is conviviality, the pleasure of meeting old friends, the possibility to advise others and the presentation of vehicles to the public.
As in previous years the 2023 Caux Retro was a great success for both participants and members of the public. There were more than 200 vehicles, mostly cars but also motor caravans, trucks, tractors, motorcycles and cycles.
The 2024 Caux Retro, the 24th, is expected to take place on 6th and 7th July 2024; the 2024 entry form and associated documents will be found on the Participation page of this website by mid October 23. We hope to see you soon!
- As Allouville-Bellefosse is only 53km from Le Havre and 60km from Dieppe, participants may well choose to take one of the following ferries:
- Newhaven – Dieppe operated by DFDS. Participants who are 60 or more can benefit from a 20% reduction; hoever this concession is only available if the reservation is made by telephone – tel 0800 917 1201. Portsmouth – Le Havre operated by Britanny Ferries.
The following accommodation may be of interest:
- Hôtel Le Normandie, Caudebec-en-Caux; a small family-run hotel with most rooms facing the river. There is a private, but not secure, car park behind the hotel. www.le-normandie.fr
- Hôtel Normatel, Caudebec-en-Caux; another river-front hotel. There is secure private parking. www.normatel-lamarine.fr
- Hôtel La Croisière, Louvetot (between Allouville-Bellefosse and Caudebec-en-Caux). Large car park but not secure. www.hotellacroisiere.fr
- Hôtel de la Seine, La Fresnaye (near Lillebonne); newly renovated. Large car park but not secure. www.hoteldelaseine.com
- Hotel B&B, Yvetôt, (near Allouville-Bellefosse). Large car park but not secure. www.hotel-bb.com/fr/hotel/yvetot
- B&B: The Duck House, St-Wandrille-Rançon (close to Caudebec-en-Caux).Car parking is reasonably secure. www.duck-house.fr
- B&B: Château du Verbosc, Chemin du Verbosc, Touffreville-la-Corbeline (east of Allouville-Bellefosse. Car parking is reasonably secure. www.verbosc.fr
Note that there are several restaurants in Caudebec-en-Caux.